In the first Make Fun Stuff post, (which you can find here) I showed you our pirate ship. Today I’m going to show you a new mess that you can enjoy making with your little one on a new frontier: Space! We had a blast making this little diorama and lots of fun playing with it too!
Fly Me To The Moon!
You will need:
- Old fashioned clothes pin
- Egg Carton
- Large paper or file folder
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- Small piece of fabric for flag
- Washable Paint
- Glue (all purpose/hot glue)
I laid out our file folder under everything to protect my coffee table. I then cut the lid off of the egg carton and used it as a paint tray.
- Paint the bottom half of your clothespin with flames and the top half as an astronaut.
- Cut one end off of your carton and separate into two egg slots. Make a hole in one. Glue your carton pieces onto both ends of a popsicle stick, the one with the hole is the bottom of the rocket.
- While your rocket and astronaut dry, paint the egg carton white/gray. (My two year old’s attempt to paint it made it look perfectly moon-like – so let some of the carton color show through!)
- Also paint your scenery: dark blue or black sky a little white space on the bottom for the moon and yellow or white starts. You could add some planets too! My toddler wouldn’t have had the patience to do so :)
- Assemble your flag: glue the fabric to your second popsicle stick
- While everything else dries, push your astronaut through the bottom of the spaceship to that the flames come out the end and he sticks up into the cockpit.
- Glue your flag to the moon and your moon to the background
- Make sweet rocket sounds and enjoy!
Feel Free to Link Up your favorite messy projects in the comments!